Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I think I short changed Montanita and Olon

I have been trying to spruce up the blog with some suggestions people have given me, such as move the archive listing to the side so anyone reading it wouldn't have to scroll through the old posts, fix the link to sign in as a member (working on that) and enlarge the photos.  Thanks for taking the time to read this thing and offer ideas.

 While I was messing around with it, I thought the pics I had included in the posting about Montanita were rather uninteresting.  How many dreadlocks do people want to look at anyway??  So I had a lazy day of laying around  and decided to throw a few more pics  on the blog.
Our first sighting of a humback the day we went whalewatching and to Isla de la Plata.


No matter how many times you see a whale breach it is always breathtaking.

The boat captain let Michael up on the top deck, to take photographs.



A Ceviche Vendor on the beach.  You could not have paid me us to eat from these carts.  As Michael pointed out, where the heck does this guy wash out his bowls????

I thought this little girls face showed the total joy of a day at the beach



Total Relaxation

Total Relaxation Part 2


This young guy was staying in the hotel room next to us at the Swisspoint Hotel.  He LOVED playing with Oscar.

Trucks  went up and dow the beach transporting fishing boats.  We think so many guys weresitting in the boats to weigh them down and keep them from flying out.  As soon as the guys saw the camera they went nuts smiling and waving.  They were joking around and trying to fix each others hair!! 


We started calling this the Olon Highway

We just think the Blue Footed Boobies feet are cool. 





These birds are really comical to watch
This guy was a Lamp Peddler on the beach.  The were actually pretty cool, if I thought I could have gotten one back on he bus I would have snapped one up.

Sunset in Montanita

Just a little more scenery from Montanita and Olon as a result of a lazy day in Cuenca.  


No comments: